The Sugaring Company
The Art of Body Sugaring
Bringing a Cleaner, Greener, Kinder Product & Service to South Africa
What is Sugaring?
So what exactly is sugaring ….. Some of you may think it’s just another term or Wax product right? Bong Wrong! …Well, Sugaring is essentially a method of hair removal by extraction from the root but it’s just way better, not to bash those who are diehard waxers . Let’s just let the facts speak for themselves shall we.
* Unlike wax, sugar is removed IN the direction of hair growth, not AGAINST, this results in far less breakage, minimizing ingrown hairs.
* Sugar is applied at body temperature- no burning or discomfort unlike wax.
* Sugar consists of all natural ingredients Sugar, lemon and water while wax contains chemicals and resins which may cause a reaction.
* Although not completely painless, sugaring is considerably less painful than waxing.
*Sugar paste does not adhere to live skin cells, only to hair and dead cells – giving the best exfoliation and leaving your skin smooth, unlike wax that sticks to everything your mamma gave you, dead or alive leaving you sticky and rather sensitive.
These are to name but a few of the wonderful differences why sugaring is NOTHING like waxing!
Yes, waxing may be a quicker method but long term there is nothing beneficial for your skin, so why would you not choose the healthier alternative for your skin?
To whom do we owe credit for devising such an incredible concept, it is believed to be the Ancient Egyptian foremothers back in the 1900 BC, they decided way back then we should be smooth and silky, for them hair-fee skin was considered a standard of beauty…Fortunately some things never change.
Sugar vs Waxing
* Puts less strain on the skin as the paste is removed in the same direction of hair growth.
* Sugaring paste is made out of sugar, water and lemon juice.
* Sugar paste is applied at body temperature and will not burn your skin.
* You will never leave an appointment feeling sticky.
* Leads to permanency.
* Adheres only to dead skin cells.
* Safe for clients with varicose veins.
* Will improve ingrown hairs.
* Bacteria cannot breed in high concentrations of sugar
* Removes hair as short as a grain of rice if not shorter.
* Will not damage delicate facial tissue.
* Water soluble.
* Removed against direction of hair growth, results in breakage and ingrowns.
* Wax has many chemical ingredients, mostly resins and preservatives
* Heated to high degree, can burn.
* Breakage leads to early re-growth.
* Resins adhere to live skin cells
* Contraindicated for many medical conditions.
* Breakage creates ingrown hair problems.
* Bacteria breeds in wax
* Painful and causes trauma to skin
* Damages fine tissue cells; long –term waxing causes loss of elasticity and wrinkling.
Founder of The Sugaring Company
My name is Candice and I am the owner of The Sugaring Company and SA Sole distributor for the most amazing Organic Sugar paste on the market, Tamara’s Sugar.
Going back a few years I found myself in a rut, having done 16 years of the same thing I needed a change. With the beauty industry being so saturated, all offering the same treatments throughout. I wanted something unique …….. Enter Sugaring! Although by no means a new concept, thanks to Cleopatra who in her day decided, the fuzz must go! So the good woman created the first Sugar paste. Viva girl power! Fast forward to the 21st century and BAAAAAM there’s my new venture, or so I thought.
Having completed the training armed with my arsenal of sugar I set off to find myself some willing subjects to smear my sugar on, not realizing just how much skill and technique is involved and two days just ain’t gonna cut it. With no help or support on offer, I gave it up. Two years later I was offered a lifeline by a very kind woman who gave of her time and passion to help correct and perfect my technique, purely out of the goodness of her heart, developing the same passion and love for sugaring I now share. Time to find a brand I wanted to support.
Going about this was an exciting adventure, taking me to the beautiful shores of Brighton UK, where I met Stephanie King- Director of Education & International Distributor for Tamaras Sugar and Director of The London Sugaring Company. What a dynamic, beautiful, charismatic and inspirational woman. Having followed LSC and tried Tamara’s brand I knew it was a fit for me. Tamara’s concepts of organic eco-friendly ingredients along with Stephanie’s charisma, what a duo. So in collaboration with The London Sugaring Company, we bringing Tamara’s to South Africa. SO LET’S ALL SAVE WAX AND USE SUGAR.